Friday, February 12, 2010

Snow on the river!!!

I waited all day for snow. I watched closely, and then around 5:00pm we started seeing the first flakes.



The temperature wasn't REALLY cold but it was cold enough to snow and at least stick over night.



It really started coming down in big flakes just before dark. It looked like the inside of a snow globe!




It was a blizzard for a little while.



The dogs thought it was great. Skeeter found something else he could eat and it comes from the sky!


The next morning it started melting really quickly but I was able to get a few pictures on my way to a baby shower. This is at the bridge going toward the interstate.



I woke up at 7:00AM to shoot a few pictures at the farm. This is farm kitty. He wasn't impressed with me or the snow.



Snow on a pine bough.



A snowy dirt road off Hwy 46.



Melting snow on the river.




I have been waiting for snow all winter. It was so beautiful and magical. It brought back many childhood memories of when we lived in Germany when my Daddy was in the army. I have always loved snow. I love the quietness of it, the feeling of it under my boots, and even the taste of it. We haven't had any snow for at least 10 years. I hope it doesn't wait that long to come again!

No comments: