Monday, February 15, 2010

Swamp Photographer

I have been taking pictures since I was 12 years old and my first camera was one of those disc cameras. If anyone doesn't remember what they look like here's a pic:

I took hundreds of pics with that little camera. I loved taking pictures even at that early age. I have had many other cameras through the years but never a REAL camera. You know the ones where you can use different lenses and have more control over your exposures.

Well I decided I was going to get me a REAL camera. I researched all brands and read countless reviews. I bought and read this book,


this book,



and this software and book since the previous books basically told me taking the pics was only half the job.






Then, I decided on this camera....
The Canon xSi
and it came with an 18mm-55mm lens but I also purchased a 75mm-300mm telezoom lens along with a lens filter kit, a cleaning kit, a tripod, and a backpack to carry all my equipment in. I have had it almost a week now, and I would just like to say, "I LOVE THIS CAMERA!". It is a learning experience everyday. This weekend I finally got out of auto mode and am happy to report I am fully capable of taking "tack" pictures in manual mode. This camera is very user friendly and so versatile. It takes AWESOME pics! The pictures from my previous 2 blogs were taken using it and though I'm still an amateur at this, I am super impressed with the pictures I am able to make. I am learning all about apertures and f-stops and loving every minute of it.

I'm looking forward to attaining this,



Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II for my macro exposures of bugs and flowers,


and this,



Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS for my wildlife photography.

I also want the rest of the books in the Digital Photography series by Scott Kelby.
Photography has always been my passion, but I've never fully embraced it until now.
Watch out world, The Swamp Photographer is on the loose!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.