Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day Apple Tarts

I made my two guys some yummy apple tarts for Valentine's Day because they are both my heart!

First I took a couple of these Granny Smith apples, peeled them, and cut them into small cubes.



I put them in a pot with some cinnamon and boiled them until they were tender.


Then I added some brown sugar for sweetening and corn starch to thicken. Then I removed it from heat, put them in a bowl, and placed them in the refrigerator to cool.


I took the easy way out by using canned biscuits for the crust.


I laid out a biscuit on a floured cutting board,


and rolled it out as flat and round as I could.


I added a tablespoon full of the cooled filling.
I folded them over and crimped the edges with a fork.
Then I fried them up in some hot oil. (yes, that is my George Foreman Grill utensil...I no longer have the grill but I love that little utensil for so many things!)


MMMMMMM.....yummy fried apple tarts! I hollered for my guys, "Tarts are ready!"


and in 10 minutes, my 10 tarts became 2.

They love me and my tarts!

No comments: